Addicted to Books Like Me?

If so, here are two sites you must explore!!

Goodreads.com: My good friend, Jeannette, of about 27 years or so (boy that makes me feel old!) told me about Goodreads.com. It's a social networking site for book lovers. You hook up with your friends and can see what they are reading and read their reviews. I find it much more valuable than amazon.com for book recommendations, since I'd rather see what my friends like than a bunch of strangers on amazon. I've transferred all of my book lists from amazon to goodreads, so you can see all the books I've read in the past 7 years, if you'd really like to waste a couple hours of your valuable time!

Paperbackswap.com: Another good friend, Shelia, told me about this great book-swapping web site. I blogged about it last year, in case you missed the post. They've increased the number of books it takes to get started (from 9 to 10)...but it's still worth the effort. What I like about it is that I've been able to request obscure secondhand books that Powell's might not have in stock. All you have to pay is postage! If you refer a friend who signs up, you get an additional book credit.

Speaking of Powell's...I love the fact that they offer in-store pickup now. You can select a used book in stock and have it held for you to pick up. I just wish Powell's was more convenient for my work or home. It's the kind of Portland hot spot where I never get enough time!

Happy reading!

Comments