So long, 2020! (at least I read a lot of good books this year...)

Hello readers! 

As many of you know, I've been keeping track of all the books I read since 2001, and I've just published my 2020 list here: Marie's book garden: Best Books of 2020. Let me know if you've read any of these books and share your thoughts! Feel free to pass along to anyone who might be interested.

I've mostly neglected my older blogs this year because I've been podcasting like crazy and writing regularly on my business blog. I just released my 28th Finding Fertile Ground podcast episode yesterday, a conversation with Court Wakefield, who had a 24-weeker preemie like me, conceived after multiple efforts with IUI and IVF and a life-threatening pregnancy for Court's wife. Their daughter Kepley turns two in January. When Kepley was transferred from one hospital to another in a medical crisis in the middle of the night, Court discovered there was no place for their name on the hospital intake form. And this is the hospital where they work, an otherwise highly inclusive environment. Court is extremely engaging and articulate, and I really enjoyed our discussion. Check it out!

As I mention in my book blog post, I'm planning a series on resilient characters in the new year, and I'm interviewing some of my favorite authors. It takes a lot more work to prepare for these kind of interviews, but I'm having fun!

If you want to keep up with what I'm doing, head on over to my business website and subscribe there! I'll pop back over here occasionally when I remember. Happy New Year!

Comments