I Was a Stranger, Day 39: Claire Wineland


Claire Wineland is a young woman afflicted by cystic fibrosis, which causes excess mucus buildup in her organs. Eventually they will shut down. She's had more than 30 surgeries, lung failure, and years in the hospital. But she is not wasting what's left of her life!

She is upbeat, positive, and funny, and she dedicates her life to helping others with terminal illness to live their life to the fullest.
“I’m here to shed some light on what it’s really like to be sick, and hopefully to change the way we view illness and those living with it. I don’t think that life is black and white, we can’t see everything that’s abnormal and strange as being bad. My life expectancy isn’t necessarily impressive. Yet I have had a wonderful life; I have lived a life I’m proud of.”
A published author, public speaker, founder of a foundation to help others with cystic fibrosis, a blogger and a vlogger, this dynamic and passionate young woman writes and speaks via her website The Clairity Project, offering strength and hope to those going through a similar situation.

Here is Claire on Dying 101:



Her other topics include The Upside of Being Sick, Tips on Interacting with a Sick Person, How the Oxygen Tube Works, Perks of Going to the Hospital, and What It's Like to Be in a Coma. She is normalizing what it's like to be sick and have a terminal illness. She is amazing!



Read more of my "I Was a Stranger" entries here.

Comments