Day 10, I Was a Stranger: African Muslim Women Writers


One thing I've learned for sure during this Lenten practice: the Bible is EXTREMELY clear on how we should treat foreigners. In fact, all holy texts (not just Christian ones) have the same universal message. No ifs, ands, or buts. That's what boggles my mind about Trump-supporting "Christians" who either reject or ignore these widespread messages throughout the Bible. 

So today, I'm focusing on African Muslim women writers. This year I'm making a conscious effort to read books by women and people of color. (My book choices already heavily skew that way, but this year it's even more conscious.)

Bookshy is a blog focusing on African literature. The unnamed author has a Muslim parent, so he or she wrote a blog post about 10 Contemporary Books by (African) Muslim Women Writers in English. I'm adding several of these books to my "to read" list, and you should too! 

Join me on Goodreads and we can read together!


Comments