Happy 60th to my Beatles-loving, full-head-of-red-hair, looks-younger-than-the-rest-of-us brother-in-law David!


David first came into our lives nearly 25 years ago, when I came home from Japan and met the cute redhead my sister Nadine had been writing to me about. She met him in the PLU Fitness Center and admired him from afar until he asked her out. By the time I'd come home from Japan, they were an item!

Back then, David looked younger than the rest of us, and he still does. He's also in better shape than anyone I know. We expect him to outlive us all!

When I was looking back through my photos of David, what struck me was that most of them featured him holding or interacting with one or more children. That is one of the things David does best. He is incredibly gentle, kind, and compassionate...and he lives out those attributes through his work. He teaches adaptive P.E. to kids with disabilities, and he is a wonderful father to their three boys. He and Nadine are godparents to Chris, our oldest son, and our youngest son, Nicholas, carries his name as his middle name.

He's also got a great sense of humor and strong opinions, although he doesn't usually foist those opinions on anyone else unless they ask him what he thinks. (He's well versed in politics but you wouldn't know that unless you struck up a political conversation.) I also get great joy in teasing him!

I cannot possibly express my gratitude that Nadine met and married David--he has made her feel so happy and loved, and that's the best possible thing about him! We are so blessed to have him as part of our family. Here's to you, David--

Comments

  1. Hi Marie – I’m nominating you for an award because I think you deserve this one! I’d like to pass along the Wonderful Team Member Readership award to you because I really appreciate the creativity and insight of your writing and blogging. And, I'm still so impressed by your A to Z Challenge collection! I know that most of these awards involve a little work, and if you do not have time to “do” this award, I completely understand; I just wanted to publicly acknowledge you as a valued part of the blogosphere and my blogging community! It’s entirely up to you whether or not you want to accept the award. You can read my post about this award here: http://fuzzyundertones.com/2014/07/09/ive-been-honored-with-the-wonderful-team-member-readership-award/ I love reading your blog and appreciate the passion with which you write!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marci! You are the best thing I got out of the A to Z month this year! I love your writing and your blog too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment