Final few days

Tuesday afternoon we went to Oaks Park for their 2/1 special--two ride tickets for the price of one. The unfortunate thing about Oaks Park is that most of their rides spin...not good for queasy-tendency people such as Mike and Kath. They enjoyed the big roller coaster while the rest of us spun around.
Mark, Kieran, and Nick on the frog hopper
(Nick was not so happy after this ride went UP!)

Mike, Kieran, and Chris taking a turn

Nick on the kiddie motorcycles

<><><><><><>
Big brother Kieran hopped on too



Another scrambling ride
Both Kieran and Nick showed how much they'd grown up in the last year. Nick went on the Tilt-a-Whirl and LOVED it (it was my favorite ride as a kid) and Kieran was my buddy on the most thrilling ride in the park, the Scream'N Eagle (WHICH I LOVE!):



And Kieran on the ride that no one else would go on, the Volcano (he rode it three times):



Wednesday was spent mostly packing (with a trip to Fred Meyer). Then we met my parents at the Old Spaghetti Factory, where Olga treated us to dinner. I only got my camera out after Dad left early, so he missed the photo shoot.
Our two beautiful moms

Kath with my mom

Nick, Mike, and me

Kieran and Victoria

Chris and Mark

Such a classic teen boy shot!

Posing for photos outside

Nick, looking serious and puzzled


Now that's the silly boy I know!


Grandma with the older boys

Group shot
 We came back home and Olga and Kath gave Nick and Chris some early birthday pressies.

Nick in his new pirate attire

Chris was happy with his Bright Eyes CD, London Olympics t-shirt, and Nintendo mags

Kieran's fire

On the last morning, doing one last crossword puzzle together

Mother and son
We had a very nice visit with the English ones and we miss them now that they are gone. And after catching up on the last week, I will now take a nice blog vacation over the next week. So see you in August!

Comments