What's for dinner: gluten-free pesto pizza with coleslaw

This is the best gourmet pizza I've ever made--I ate two slices, which is a lot for me!

1/2 with bacon, 1/2 veggie
Marie's gluten-free pesto pizza

Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix, 16-Ounce Bags (Pack of 4)1 package Bob's Red Mill gluten-free pizza dough mix

Costco pesto
 1/2 jar of Costco pesto (or homemade pesto, ideally)
Mozarella cheese (quantity as desired)
Artichoke hearts, chopped (")
Kalamata olives, chopped (")
Sun-dried tomatoes (")
Fresh basil, chopped

Prepare pizza crust as directed. If you do use Bob's Red Mill gluten-free pizza crust, make sure to bake it first as directed, before putting the toppings on. I used a pizza stone and Nick-the-fussy-eaterd his own little pizza.

When it has prebaked, spread the pesto on top of the crust. Adorn with cheese, artichoke hears, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and basil. (I also put slices of uncured turkey bacon [like Canadian bacon] on one half of the pizza.) Put it back in the oven for 15 minutes more. Voila! Your pizza is ready.

Dig in!

This is Nick's personal pizza--with tomato sauce, cheese, and bacon
(we ended up taking off the bacon, and I don't think
he liked it very much judging by the fact that he had only 3/4 of a slice)
When I noticed that we are temporarily lacking any lettuce in the house, I decided to use the half of a cabbage we had instead. Coleslaw always makes me think of my dad, who loves it!

Saturday Night Out-of-Lettuce Coleslaw

1/2 head of cabbage, shredded
Small bunch of green onions, sliced
1 yellow pepper
Handful of slivered almonds, toasted

Mix ingredients with Trader Joe's light champagne vinaigrette (use as much as you need to moisten the cabbage).

It turned out very well, and it accompanied the pizza perfectly. Bon appetit!

Comments