Crafty Valentine's Day

Mike and I celebrated Valentine's Day a little early on Saturday. My parents took the kids overnight (SO grateful to have grandparents in town!!) and we went to see "The King's Speech" at last. (I will post my thoughts on the movie later on.) Then we joined some friends for a wonderful dinner and adult conversation...lovely!

On Sunday afternoon I had some friends over to make valentine cards. As I was pulling out my craft supplies, I realized I have a serious paper addiction and I really should never buy a greeting card again. (As my mom commented, I've ALWAYS had a paper addiction...I used to collect stationery as a child and I was a prolific letter writer.) I love making handmade cards, and I don't do it nearly often enough. I also don't send enough cards to my friends and family. I find it sad that handwritten notes and letters are going out of fashion, because I do love to receive them myself.

After everyone had left, Kieran and Nicholas had fun making a few of their own valentines--for me, Mike, and Chris. So sweet!

My little crafty boys
Some of their creations

A birthday card Kieran made for his friend Kayra, who is another
Greek mythology nut--that mountain is Mt. Olympus!
Valentine's decoration Nick made at church
Last night I came home to this beautiful table--Kieran helped Mike decorate
Kieran announced he was going to get "gussied up" for dinner!
We had a lovely Valentine's Day meal and evening! I felt very blessed to be surrounded by four loving males. While on the topic of Valentine's Day, I thought I'd post this sweet little interview of a couple who have been married for 74 years. If Mike and I last that long, I will be 99!!

Comments