The next generation gives me hope

Yesterday my sister told our kids that her boys would be wearing little suits today for Christmas Eve, in the hopes that they might be willing to dress up a little too. (My kids are much less inclined to want to dress up!)

Nick's response: "I don't want to wear a suit. I don't want to get married!"

This afternoon Nick and Kieran were talking about Nick marrying his cousin, Daniel. Kieran told him he couldn't marry him because it was against the law for cousins to marry.

I love it that the principle that they are two boys was not the focus of the conversation...instead it was the fact that they are cousins!

In this week of the "don't ask, don't tell" repeal, it gives me hope that the times are a-changin'!

Nick is in a little suit after all! Guess he's in the mood to get married. :)

Comments