Getting wet

Nicholas has informed me that he doesn't like kisses any more--only hugs. When asked why not, he says he doesn't want to get wet! Of course, this has made me ever more determined to shower him with much sloppier kisses!

He must not be a true Oregonians, because they don't mind getting wet.

Today is a typical fall/winter rainy day. Not a torrential downpour, but steady falling rain.

This morning on my commute I saw 40 or 50 people walking or biking. Maybe five of them had umbrellas. Most wore hoods or hats.

As for me, I neglected to look at the weather forecast before leaving the house. I was wearing a leather jacket with a scarf (which I put over my head while walking from car to office).

Because umbrellas are a pain in the neck and to be avoided unless you REALLY have a hard time getting wet. Like a 4-year-old little boy.

Comments