Feeling thankful

Last year I practiced the Facebook tradition of writing one thing I am thankful for each day of November. Then I posted my collected thanks for 2009. I suspect my list will be similar this year, but I'm not going to go back and consult it beforehand. Here is my stream-of-consciousness, although more abbreviated, list for 2010, in no particular order:
  • A happy childhood, filled with love and great parenting
  • Good medicine and health insurance (which Chris and I particularly have benefited from)
  • A healthy, loving family--both nuclear and extended
  • The opportunity to see my extended family on a regular basis
  • Three easy-going, fun, curious boys...who sometimes drive me crazy but always make me laugh!
  • An easy teenager (I know this is not to be taken lightly!)
  • Parents, sister, and brother-in-law who are my close friends and with whom I can be myself
  • A wonderful mother-in-law (also not to be taken lightly!) and the way she raised Mike to be the person he is
  • The wonder of nature--as evident in the Pacific Northwest (ocean, mountains, forest, plains)
  • Great culture--music, theater, the arts
  • Plentiful healthy, local, and organic food and fresh water
  • Excellent educational experiences for my kids (and the dedication of great teachers!)
  • Books and libraries
  • A job I enjoy and great coworkers, and a stable company in this economy
  • A progressive church community filled with bright, compassionate people and great spiritual leaders
  • A large circle of fun, caring friends
  • The fact that 23 years ago, while living on the other side of the world, I met a funny, charming, intelligent, and kind Englishman and we fell in love--and it just keeps growing (20 years of marriage this year) (check out his own Thanksgiving post on his blog)
Happy thanksgiving, everyone!

Comments