My Little Conversationalist

I've written before about how amazing it is to have such a little person speaking in full sentences, after our first two children didn't speak much until they were nearly three. Nicholas is now onto full paragraphs, regularly postulating on a variety of topics. This morning he told me that the reason he woke up so early (around 5:00 a.m.) was that his daddy had woken him up...and then proceeded to tell me that he'd had a dream about his cousins, and how Daniel was laughing at him because he thought he was funny.

Tonight, as we were eating dinner (mandarin orange chicken from Trader Joe's, gyoza, and a stir-fried bean, peanut, and chicken dish), Mike asked us if we liked the dinner he had made. Kieran said it was "AWESOME!" And Nicholas agreed that it was awesome, and then said "I don't like it; I LOVE it!" This is one of Kieran's favorite phrases...but it just totally cracked me up hearing it come out of a 2-year-old's mouth!!!

2 going on 20, I guess! Except it would be nice if he would just get that sleeping-through-the-night thing down!!! Then I'll know he's no longer my baby.

Kieran, in the meantime, came off the bus today disgusted because another kindergartener had teased him on the bus, telling him he looked like a girl and calling him "girl face"! (Mike thinks she might have a thing for him...) To counteract this evildoer, he has concocted a statue outside on the front porch (I think it's a little ride-on car, with a brown cloak over it), to fool her so she won't know he lives here. That should put her off, don't you think? ;)

Comments