Christmas in England, Part 4--My Door Fetish on Film in the Cotswolds

I've always had a love affair with English doors. On our walk through the town of Broadway in the Cotswolds, I photographed many of the beautiful doors and some of the classic Cotswolds architecture.

Unfortunately, these were taken with our video camera because our digital camera battery had died and I neglected to bring along the recharger. The quality is not quite as good as it would have been with the digital camera, but the light also wasn't as good, being winter.

When we visit the UK, one of my very favorite things to do is just to wander and soak up the architecture and setting...whether it be London, Cambridge, Yorkshire, Bath, Henley, Oxford, or the Cotswolds. I told Mike that if we lived in England, I'd want to live in the Cotswolds because it is so picturesque.

Enjoy the few glimpses I've captured below!
















































Comments

  1. What lovely photographs.

    I don't live in the Cotswolds any longer but I do keep in touch via blogs and the like.

    My book set in the Cotswolds (A Place in My Country, Wiedenfeld and Nicholson, July 2007) might be something you would enjoy.

    You can check out my book at my website or at

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Place-My-Country-Search-Rural/dp/029785173X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/026-0589804-1215606?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1185280780&sr=8-1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie, I love these photos! I especially like the close-ups of the doors. Lovely!
    Namaste',
    Alexis

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment