Who's Ready for Halloween?

Yesterday Mike took Chris to see the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" movie in the afternoon, and I took the younger kids to the pumpkin patch. I think I had the better task, given the gorgeous fall weather we had yesterday!


We hadn't been to a pumpkin patch for a few years, since Kieran was 2, so I thought I'd try out a new one closer to home (especially given the fact that it was just me and the kids). We went to Baggenstos Farms in Tualatin, a fairly easy jaunt from our house. They had free hayrides to the pumpkin patch, a huge corn maze (which we skipped, given the fact that I had two little ones), a small hay maze for the little ones, a play structure, some goats and sheep, pumpkin bowling, and snacks to purchase such as kettle corn, french fries, etc. Both boys loved the adventure, and it was a fairly inexpensive outing. We bought a medium-sized pumpkin for $3 and a mini pumpkin for 50 cents, and also got some kettle corn and italian sodas.

And here is a very fun article about what your Halloween candy of choice says about your personality. As I was perusing the list, I was afraid to get to my favorite, but was very pleased to discover that it said I am a "generous soul...who understands the salty in life, as well as the sweet"! It goes without saying that if my Halloween candy wouldn't have reflected well on my personality, I certainly wouldn't have posted the link!! The full truth is that this year I did buy some Reeses peanut butter cups (my favorites), but I also bought some fruit snacks to offer a healthier choice and also for kids with allergies.


Tonight I will need to start figuring out how to help my kids with their VERY CREATIVE Halloween costumes. I'm proud of them for thinking out of the box, but it sure would have been easier to just go to the store and pick up a couple of ready-made costumes!


Here are some photos from our fun afternoon:


On the hayride


Nicholas exploring the pumpkin patch and all those big orange things!


Kieran imitating a scarecrow (his idea)!


Don't hold onto me!! Let me go!!!


Kieran's first attempt at photography!


Kieran with his pumpkin


Navigating the hay maze


Pumpkin bowling (he wasn't half bad!)


Let me go!!


My little lamb!

Comments

  1. Hi Marie! ..Having a cup of coffee this morning and checking to see what's happening in Portland! ha! I love the pics! your kiddies are darling! The pumpkin Patch looks like FUN! It turned a bit cool here yesterday , which was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment