Monday Listicles: Thanks

I've written numerous thankfulness posts before, including this one from last year, but this one is more lighthearted.

1. Thanks to the Pacific Northwest for my pale skin tones
2. Thanks to my current role as steering team president of our church to remind me that I greatly appreciate people who are respectful of all and do not create major dramas in people's lives
3. Thanks to my job as a writer/editor, my obsession with reading, and my malaise about getting back to the gym for the extra weight I'm carrying around
4. Thanks for having boys and not having to endure the princess culture in my home
5. Thanks to my English Catholic husband (and his family) for loving me in spite of being an American Lutheran feminist (and allowing me to listen to his lovely accent every day--still not tired of it!)
6. Thanks to my dramatic boys (and husband) for allowing me to continue in my supportive role as audience member (I'm the only one in the family who does not have a burning desire to be in the spotlight)
7. Thanks to dark chocolate for converting my tastebuds so I'm no longer fond of sweet chocolate (dark chocolate is so much healthier!)
8. Thanks to the Oregon rain and dreariness for much of the year, because I really, really appreciate the sun and warm weather in our summer of July-September!
9. Thanks to my employer for paying me a good wage so we can afford to spend an arm and a leg to send Chris to a great private high school
10. Thanks to Wes Prieb, for negotiating the gift of Holden Village to the Lutheran church 50 years ago...and working so hard to create a wonderful haven and community--this year we will celebrate in our own way by spending 10 days up there for the first time ever--can't wait!

And one more--thanks to Monday Listicles (organized by Stasha at http://www.northwestmommy.com/) for the inspiration. Check out some more!

Comments

  1. Your husband has an acent and you live in PNW. It's like we are virtual twins :) Lovely list. It's a good life Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stasha. Yes, isn't it lovely to live with an accent? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your list and dark chocolate is THE best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm interested to see these NW pale skin tones. I'm in NJ where my tan is starting to brown, not Snooki though! I've always preferred dark chocolate though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMmmmmm dark chocolate and drama free people, two fabulous things in life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, you should be thankful that you have stayed out of the sun. Growing up in Florida, there is nothing that makes me happier than being out in it -- to the detriment of my skin.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment