Girlfriend getaway

Last night I had the luxury of a women's getaway at my parents' beach house. My friend Shelia flew over from Boise, and we drove down to Rockaway yesterday morning. Two other friends joined us. The weather yesterday was simply SPECTACULAR.

Idahoan on the jetty

April soaking up the rays

Jen looking relaxed

Smile, girlfriends!

Perfect February day on the beach


Cool fort



Lovely!




It was so lovely on the beach that we decided to go back into the house to get our boxed wine (dubbed our MoTA Box!) and return to watch the sunset. When I called Mike to check in and told him what we were up to, he called it "Holden on the Beach," reminiscent of the Holden Village red wine drinking evenings with the same crew.


Holden on the beach

See, I really was there!
Then it was back into the house for dinner (spinach cheese crepes), chatting, and Valentine making! I love to do crafts with other people--much more fun!

We had enough craft supplies to make Valentines for a week!

April's many valentines (for her 3rd grade class)

Some of my creations

This morning April made yummy banana-walnut french toast and we lazed around with more chatting.
Jen making some headway on Mom's puzzle

Shelia curled up under a quilt

April knitting
It was a short trip, but we had a great time. Thanks to the amazing spouses for holding down the forts at home!

Comments

  1. What a great getaway. Love the photos, too! My husband and I sometimes travel to Idaho to rock climb.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment