Monday Listicles this week is "ten things that bring me comfort." I feel so blessed in my life, so this is an easy one! I just returned yesterday from a two-day wonderful girl getaway, which was amazing.
- Cuddles and hugs from my boys: I loved the way the boys all greeted me so effusively and showered me with hugs when I got home! They are so sweet.
- Precious one-on-one time with
friends...I am so, so blessed to have amazing friends who nurture my soul!
- Sharing my life with an phenomenal,
loving man who values and respects my strength and personality and overlooks my
- Watching a movie and eating popcorn,
and snuggling, with my boys...this evening I first watched "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azakaban" with 7-year-old Nicholas, followed by the latest episode of "Grimm" with 10-year-old Kieran. Perfect!
- A wonderful book and a nice cup of
tea--like The Sleeping Dictionary!
- Singing with friends...it doesn't happen enough, but I love doing it!
- Doing something creative, like soul collages--fun stuff!
- Knowing that someone is praying for
me, which has happened a number of difficult times in my life...nothing is more powerful.
- Feeling deeply loved and cherished
by a community...of deep friendships, church friends, and other friendships forged through the NICU and our children's schools. I feel confident that I have a village who has my back. This is greatly comforting.
- Feeling grateful for my nurturing childhood and love of my parents, siblings, and extended family. Immeasurable.
I feel so incredibly blessed and full of comfort in my life. Read other listicles to find out what other people find comforting.