1. Having my parents come home from their trip to England and Ireland. They've been having a wonderful time, including staying with Mike's sister and mum in Cambridge, but I do miss them! (And I'm just the tiniest bit envious!)
2. Celebrating my 49th birthday in a couple of weeks by going to Hood River to hear one of my favorite singer-songwriters, Dar Williams, perform on the actual day of my birthday. And my birthday in general!
3. The next girls' night away I'm planning with a close friend, in November. Love those times!
4. Seeing Chris graduate from high school (in a year and a half) and head off to college. The other day Mike and I met with a transitions specialist at his high school to start talking about the SAT, colleges, etc. It will all be happening before we know it!
|With my dad and Kieran after "Hillbilly Heaven" last spring|
6. Traveling more with my family...we need to return to England (haven't been there since 2007!), and I would love to take them to Japan someday, too, and Australia where Mike's brother and family live.
7. Seeing my kids grow up and continue to achieve milestones--high school graduation, college graduation, marriage, career accomplishments, and becoming parents themselves.
8. Seeing my husband achieve commercial success as a writer...not only fulfilling his lifelong dream but also hopefully contributing to my greater chances of #9!!
|Retirement brunch with work buddies|
(the two on the left are now retired;
the two of us on the right are still working!)
10. Continued blessings, unexpected and planned for, which happen every single day...every day is a miracle waiting for us to pay attention.
Join in the fun at Monday Listicles over at Stasha's The Good Life.