Monday Listicles topic for this week: when have I felt like a superhero? This reminds me of "10 talents or ways I'm great," so I'm thinking that Stasha is trying to get us to boost our self-confidence, perhaps? You can take this quiz to find out which type of Superhero you are...apparently I am Superman. One of the questions is whether I like to wear a push-up bra, so I'm guessing if you answer no to that you'll end up with a male superhero! Alas.
Well, I've never been much of an athlete, but here are ten things I've survived that I would not have predicted I would do, or I am not sure others could have done:
1. Survived multiple surgeries (12+) in my life, from babyhood to last December. My scars have made me stronger.
2. Endured bullying during junior high from the hoods at my school, while never letting them know that they got to me...again, this made me stronger.
3. Survived a deeply traumatic incident during my adolescence...if you know me very well, you might know about this.
4. Have stepped into new situations in life, over and over again, often when I didn't know anyone and was on my own, including flying to Japan without knowing the language, planning to stay for one year, which grew into three
5. Traveled solo to China and with Mike to India and other developing countries.
6. Endured 117 days in the NICU with my marriage intact and my faith and friendships deepened...and held out hope whenever I could in spite of not-great odds and discouraging words from some.
7. Breast-pumped for Chris for 15 months and breastfed Kieran and Nicholas until they were three years old.
|Singing with the kidlets|
8. Sing with kids at the elementary school, which makes me feel like a superhero when they all greet me by name--not just at school but when I see any of them in public places.
9. Reinvented my career and found a new niche when my job changed from being a staff manager responsible for 70+ people to writing, editing, and managing communications projects.
10. Raising three strong, sensitive, affectionate young men who are turning out to be such nice people, renaissance men, and fun to be around.
Listicles is brought to us by Stasha at www.northwestmommy.com. Check out her blog and the links to the others!