1. Anytime I stretch myself or step out of my comfort zone.
2. Surviving a childhood full of surgeries (and some bullying).
|Festival in Japan|
(April 1987--when our romance took off)
|Chris in the NICU (with a beanie bear)|
5. Surviving 117 harrowed days in the NICU with my marriage intact and in fact, stronger than before...also being involved in cofounding a nonprofit organization to help other NICU families, Precious Beginnings, which Mike is still volunteering with.
|Photo by Capturing Magic Photography|
6. Raising kind, sensitive, and creative boys--the world needs more of those!
7. Accolades I get at work from my clients--makes it all worth while when I do good work and help someone else look great...and others express their appreciation. Also writing for our company's Sustainability Report and for our Environmental Management System...making a difference in the world.
8. Writing awards I won last year--especially one out of only 100 APEX Grand Awards (out of 3,400 entries), for a presentation about readable communications, about which the judges said, "An exemplar of how-to communication, in which clear, well organized and informative copy gets the point across with liberal use of well chosen visual examples. Really a first rate effort, and worth bookmarking."
|Photo by Capturing Magic|
10. Promoting a spirit of reconciliation and justice...whether in my own life or in the world. Forgiving people, moving onward and not holding grudges, and reconciling when feelings are hurt. This is truly a challenge, but worthwhile.
Thanks to Stasha at The Good Life for sponsoring Monday Listicles. Check some of the other proud moments out at her blog.