Food cart adventures: Tandoor's Saffron Indian Kitchen

Tandoor's Saffron Indian KitchenThis is one of the newer additions to the pod, and it's the farthest on the left, so a good place to start. I'd tried New Taste of India food cart several times, and similar to that cart, Tandoor's offers a meat special and a veggie special: two curries, biriyani, and na'an bread for $7. Mike and I both had the chicken special today--it came with a curry and chicken tikka masala.

I'd give this cart a definite two thumbs up!! The curries were flavorful, spicy, and full of chicken. The biriyani was also packed with chicken. The lunch came with two small pieces of na'an...just the right amount. I look forward to going back to this cart and maybe next time I'll try the veggie special! I'm not sure if they offer anything other than the special (I didn't see anything else offered), but this is the second related cart...and apparently an outgrowth of an actual restaurant. Tandoor Indian Kitchen is their main spot. Sometimes a limited menu at a food cart is a good thing.

And it meets one of my favorite criteria for food carts: $7 gives me enough food for TWO lunches!! Looking forward to eating the leftovers tomorrow!

My verdict: Can't wait to go back!

Comments