10 anti-resolutions

This week's Monday listicles is "10 things you have no intention of changing in 2013." It's the antidote to the New Year's Resolution craze. I like it! So here goes! I am not changing the following habits:

1. Indulging in fair trade, high-quality dark chocolate and red wine, often together.

2. Changing into my PJs when I come home from work. Even though Mike thinks I'm very silly. I was gratified to learn from my book group (all women) that I am not alone in this habit. Some of them even bring slippers to book group! Why change into jeans when my fleecy PJs are so much more comfy?

3. Blogging. It's my creative outlet and I love having a one-sided (mostly) way to express my opinions, because I really do not like to argue but I'm passionately opinionated!

4. Reading. I am really looking forward to getting back into reading. After my surgery I just didn't have the mental energy. Instead I've been watching tons of DVDs (movies and TV shows). Now I'm reading Maisie Dobbs and am finally enjoying a book again. Thank God. I was worried that the brain surgery had altered my passion for reading! Wouldn't that be a tragedy?

5. Multi-tasking. Right now I'm watching "Downton Abbey," blogging, and using Facebook. Previously #5 was "Using Facebook (my guilty pleasure) to connect with people," but a friend asked me on Facebook if I was watching Downton while on Facebook, and I realized how hopeless I am! Facebook is just one part of my multi-tasking ways. I've read all the articles suggesting that people get less done multi-tasking, but I'm not convinced. It's the way I'm wired, and I just can't help it.

6. Listening to and making music. Music and reading are two of my life's pleasures. I love to have music playing in the background of my life, and I long for a time when I can make time to play my musical instruments more.

7.  Being silly and spending time with the kids. This evening I watched Nicholas perform an Indiana Jones play, and then I watched several silly videos he and Kieran had made. My kids are growing up so fast. I want to focus more on that...and remember that these sacred moments pass quickly. For that, I received adoration: "You are the most wonderful mommy in the whole wide world!"

8. Having date nights and evenings away with my honey. These stolen moments help us remember each other in the midst of all the hub-hub that is our home with three active boys.

9. Spending money on craft supplies. I made jewelry and note cards this year for Christmas gifts, and yesterday I had some fun stocking up at Michael's. I have always enjoyed making crafts and expressing my creativity, and I need to remind myself to do that more often.

10. Spending more time with my family and friends having fun than creating a House Beautiful. Even though I do actually have a real New Year's resolution that involves organizing our family into regular cleaning duties, I still commit to spending more time having fun than cleaning and making our house perfect! The card above describes our family so well!

Listicles is brought to us by Stasha at www.northwestmommy.com. Check out her blog and the links to the others!

Comments

  1. I can't go to Hobby Lobby without buying a ton of craft supplies. It's too much fun! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hobby Lobby--we don't have that here. We used to have some great paper stores (Paper Zone), but sadly many of them have gone out of business.

      Delete
  2. I can get behind all of these. What is better than drinking red wine and eating dark chocolate while wearing pajama pants? Not much...Not much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for mentioning #2. I love it when I get to put my PJs on early!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps it's a female thing...what do you think? :)

      Delete
  4. I also change into "house clothes" the instant I walk in the door and have no intention of stopping. The multi-tasking made me laugh because my husband has always found my multi-tasking of leisure activities very odd. Gotta pack as much recreation as possible into the limited time available!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admit I sorta just skimmed after number 1. I'm still a bit lost in the lust over dark chocolate and a good red wine. SO lustful that I may even have to put pants on and go get me some. THAT's BIG!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it. Yeay for all, specially date nights. I cannot multitask. Nothing existed while I watched Downton yesterday. I had to hold it for two hours straigh. My poor bladder...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be incredibly efficient then, Stasha, because I can't imagine how you get everything done! You are so productive!

      Delete
  7. I'm with you for the most part but hopeless at multi taking. Family Perfomance Art, brilliant. Hope you enjoy lots of red wine and chocolate on those date nights in the year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paul. I do think that women are much more likely to be able to multi-task, but not always.

      Delete
  8. Upon home entry, the following steps must always be followed:
    1. set purse up high from curious children
    2. set gingerbread grande latte up high from curious children
    3. walk to bedroom
    4. talk off bra
    5. do not leave house again for the night

    Always.
    That cartoon is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why don't I change into my pajamas when I came home from work?? That's brilliant! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list and yay for pjs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love you list. I totally change into my PJs too as soon as I get home. There's no other way I'd get through the rest of the afternoon/evening! Yes to chocolate and wine and being silly with your kids and date nights. I need to read more though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment