Sunday, December 9, 2012
Ten foods I adore
This week's Monday Listicle is Ten Foods. So here are ten foods (or cuisines) I adore:
1. Anything Asian...Indian, Japanese, Thai, Chinese, Indonesian, Malaysian...my absolute favorite cuisines. Wish we had more Indonesian and Malay restaurants around here.
2. Berries. Raspberries, blackberries, and marionberries are my favorites, but I'll also take huckleberries, blueberries, and strawberries.
It's a good thing I live in the Pacific Northwest, where berries are abundant!
3. Salmon, halibut, trout, lobster, crab, prawns, clams, any kind of (good-quality) seafood. This summer I had raw oysters for the first time at the encouragement of my friend Catherine, and they were delicious. Another reason to feel fortunate to live in the Pacific Northwest--our seafood is fantastic!
5. Homemade muesli from the same cookbook, which I eat every morning for breakfast...ideally with berries. I also made a large batch of muesli to tie me over until I'm back on my feet.
9. Zucchini patties. This was my favorite childhood comfort food. I've enhanced my mom's saltine, grated zucchini, and egg recipe and now add other veggies and herbs. I love squash in most forms...zucchini being just one of them.
10. Basil, mint, and rosemary anything. Fresh garden tomatoes with basil and mozzarella...or mint tea..or rosemary chicken. I love fresh garden vegetables in the summer!
One of the holiday items I look forward to buying is silk nog (soy milk). When I was eating regular cookies, I liked the Trader Joe's candy cane Jo Jos and anything with pumpkin (for example, pumpkin scones).
What are some of your favorite foods? Check out the other listicles at www.northwestmommy.com.