Celebrating dads in 2012

Fathers' Day 2012 was especially meaningful for our family this year. Each year on Mother's Day and Father's Day at our church, members are asked to get up and share memories of their parents and reflect on the day. This year my brother--one year and a half sober and recently attending church with us regularly--was asked to speak. This was a surprise for my dad, as was the fact that my sister and her family came down to surprise him for the day.

After church we gathered at my parents' house for lunch and play:


The puppies

It was warm enough to eat outside!




My sister Nadine and husband David

With my wonderful husband
On Father's Day we also celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary!


Dad with his offspring


Mom and Dad with their youngest grandchild
Fun day! A few days later Nadine and David and kids drove down for the day, yet again, for my aunt's funeral.

Comments