Cupid Kieran strikes again

Last night I posted a photo of the Valentine's letter Kieran left under Chris' door. Well, I got up to use the loo at 5:00 a.m. and freaked out a bit when I saw red in the toilet bowl. I didn't have my glasses or contacts on, so I couldn't really investigate. Then I saw two slips of paper outside of our door--valentines for me and Mike. Cupid Kieran not only added red food coloring to the toilets and delivered valentines, but he also sprinkled cut-out hearts on the stairs and around the house, and left a "craft" on the table.

When I quizzed him about it, he finally admitted that he had made all of these before he went to sleep, and then he got up at 2 a.m. to play Cupid.

My Valentine

The "craft"

Valentines for Mike and Nick
The little craftsman also made a sign to cheer on his friends at the Bookbaggers competition today...their team name is "Dumbledore's Army." He forgot it at home so Mike was planning to take it into school for him.
When I called Chris a Valentine's scrooge, he said he doesn't like V-Day for two reasons: (1) it sucks if you are single, and (2) shouldn't a boy treat a girl well every day, and not just on Valentine's Day? (I told him he'd make a good husband someday--that is, after he learns to cook!!) I added #3--it's a grossly overcommercialized holiday full of insane profits for chocolate companies and florists.

We gave each of the kids a homemade valentine this morning, and Chris moaned how pathetic it is to get a valentine from your parents instead of from a girl. I think I made him guilty enough (threatening to throw it away, etc.) so that he opened it up and read it...and then said thank you. Teenagers!

I need to appreciate those sweet 8-year-old Cupids as much as I can before they outgrow their sweetness!! :)

Comments

  1. Oh Marie, you have wonderful boys! Of course, I can already tell it's because they have amazing parents. I loved reading this V-Day post. It makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks Susan--I think they're pretty wonderful myself! I'm glad you enjoyed the post. Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie - I was so proud of my son who did not resort to the standard Valentine's gifts but gave his girlfriend a box of Wheat Thins (her favorite) laced with gummy bears and re-sealed so they would be a surprise. Take that Hallmark!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that is so fun Marcia!! Good for Jeffrey!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment