This is when you REALLY need a native language editor...


This priceless gem was spotted in Osaka, Japan, in Shinsaibashi no less--my old stomping grounds! I used to teach at an English language school in Shinsaibashi--that was my subway station! Who knows? Maybe I once taught English to the brilliant advertising exec who came up with this campaign? Haha--I'm only a potty mouth very occasionally, if no children are around.

The signs have since been taken down (after they went viral on the internet). Read the story linked in the previous sentence for a hypothesis on how the word came to be plastered all over the store.

Comments

  1. Ha ha ha! This totally cracked me up! I love that they dropped the G and added the apostrophe so it really had an American flavor when read :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment