Stop it! (these things)

A Facebook friend posted a link to "30 Things to Stop Doing to Yourself," and I think it's a brilliant list. Check it out.

I realize, when I look at this list, that I'm actually an emotionally healthy person. I don't do most of these things already. Here are my favorites:

Stop spending time with the wrong people. – Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you. I learned this at a young age and still have to remind myself of this occasionally. Life's too short to spend it with people who don't feed your soul.

Stop wasting time explaining yourself to others. – Your friends don’t need it and your enemies won’t believe it anyway. Just do what you know in your heart is right. A good reminder...I often find myself explaining or defending myself when someone disagrees with me. I think I need to just say less and let my behavior and actions speak for themselves.



Stop overlooking the beauty of small moments. – Enjoy the little things, because one day you may look back and discover they were the big things. Yes! Live with intention and notice everyday miracles!
 
Stop following the path of least resistance. – Life is not easy, especially when you plan on achieving something worthwhile. Don’t take the easy way out. Do something extraordinary. I need to stop being a slacker in some areas of my life!


All good reminders that we all need to treat ourselves with tender loving care!

Comments