Here are my theories for why he changed his mind about running:
- His ego could not handle the very real possibility that he would lose. Trump does not like to lose. Can you imagine him making a concession speech? The man has not one iota of humility or self-awareness in his overcombed body.
- He didn't want to release his tax returns--otherwise we would all find out that he is a horrible money manager. Trump has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy THREE times and has had two casinos go bankrupt.
- Can you imagine Trump in a candidate debate? There is no way he'd be able to hold his own, even against the likes of Mitt Romney or other likely candidates, much less versus the extremely intelligent, articulate Barack Obama. A debate would make it crystal clear that Trump has no clue what he's talking about, especially hinting that Obama was not bright enough to get into an ivy league school.
- He'd have to take a pay cut.
- He couldn't stand the idea of flying around in Air Force One instead of his Trump-branded helicopter.
- He doesn't work with a partner. (He'd be the first president to forgo a VP.)
- Diplomacy? He doesn't know the meaning of the word.
- Presidents have to talk to poor people! (SHUDDER!) He probably saw the flood devastation in the south on the news and it gave him the heebie jeebies.
|Can you imagine Trump doing this?|
“This decision does not come easily or without regret; especially when my potential candidacy continues to be validated by ranking at the top of the Republican contenders in polls across the country. I maintain the strong conviction that if I were to run, I would be able to win the primary and ultimately, the general election."What poll is he referring to? The polls I've seen have Trump with an 8 to 14 percent support rating. And that's only because he's the best-known candidate. The recent dive in his ratings has him running scared.
Trump, you're FIRED!