- Arriving in England to discover that the wedding dress had not yet been hemmed (my sister-in-law had bought it here in Portland)
- How fun it was to travel to England with my parents--I remember punting along the river in Cambridge and having tea with them at the Orchard in Grantchester...we also traveled up to Yorkshire with them and spent time in London
- Spending time with Mike's aunt, cousin, and daughter, who traveled from Florida--and watching Mike's mum and aunt enjoy drinking their vodka together!
- All the women at the wedding wearing hats (yes, they really do wear hats!)
- Mike and I singing the Ave Maria, after which his mum's friend pronounced, "well it was nice Michael, but you're no Pavarotti!"
- The fantastic reception at this wonderful old barn--great food, setting, and dancing to an English country band, with a dance caller (although my mom got her foot stomped on during the dancing and took years to recover!)
- The fact that they did not kiss during the wedding--in fact, the first person to kiss my sister-in-law after she got married was the maitre'd at the reception site!
Well, at least there will be dancing: