Oh, how ridiculous is this!? Who cares if a boy likes pink toenail polish?


"Psychological sterilization"? Oh please!
 
Have you heard about this kerfuffle about a boy with pink toenail polish in the latest J. Crew catalog? Sarah Manley, the mom who allowed her son to dress up as Daphne from Scooby Doo last Halloween, is featured in the video on the ABC News report linked above. Naturally, she is outraged at this latest moralizing about what boys should and should not be allowed to do. I've never bought anything at J. Crew, but now I just might!

My boys have always loved a bit of cross-dressing for fun...why wouldn't a boy want to try out being a girl on for size? Face it: women and girls have so much more variety in wardrobe and accessories (including nail polish)! I remember a boy in Christopher's preschool class who regularly came to school with pink-painted nails.

Kieran in one of my shirts

As a hula girl (including coconut shell bra)

As the Wicked Witch of the West (and Uncle Henry, Auntie Em, and Dorothy)

In the dressup closet at Holden Village

I think he made an adorable girl!
Nick trying on my patent-leather boots (he's definitely a shoe man
and loves to invade my shoe collection)


Comments