A thought for Christmas: We are not alone

I've been a quiet blogger recently, I realize, as I'm busily preparing for the holidays. My body also is trying to fight off some kind of a virus--I have a very swollen and sore gland in my neck, which my physician sister tells me is a good sign. It means my immune system is working.

In the midst of the frenzy, I share with you this quote to center us all:
Christmas reminds us we are not alone.
We are not unrelated atoms,
bouncing and ricocheting amid aliens,
but are a part of something which holds and sustains us.

As we struggle with shopping lists and invitations,
compounded by December's bad weather,
it is good to be reminded that there are people in our lives
who are worth this aggravation,
and people to whom we are worth the same.

Christmas shows us the ties that bind us together,
threads of love and caring,
woven in the simplest and strongest ways.

--Donald E. Westlake, 1933-2008
American Author
My family and friends (many of you who are reading this blog) are certainly worth the aggravation. Love to you all, and Merry Christmas!

Comments