Affirmation of the Day: "It is safe to look within"

"As I move through the layers of other people's opinions and beliefs, I see within myself a magnificent being,
wise and beautiful. I love what I see in me."*

I believe those of you who know me well would describe me as an optimistic, upbeat person, and I usually am. But I had a crappy day on Tuesday, and it set me back emotionally. Consequently, I haven't been feeling in the mood to do daily affirmations for the past few days.

The feelings continued into Wednesday, and the positive outcome was the stress prompted me to get to the gym. That helped a great deal. Maybe I would go to the gym more regularly if I had a more stressful life!

My day was crappy because of post-traumatic stress, which served to make me feel less of an accomplished, powerful woman. I felt the opposite of magnificent, wise, and beautiful. I felt emotional and scarred, and it didn't feel safe to look within.

The incident was a good reminder of how many people feel each day when they are depressed or dealing with difficult circumstances. It reminded me of how critical it is to self-talk and do everything we can to bring ourselves out of any deep, dark pits.

People can throw us life preservers by offering a listening ear or a hug (and I want to thank Mike and Nancie for doing that for me this week!). But we need to reach out and grab that life preserver and accept that support. Or climb our way out on our own.


*From Power Thought Cards by Louise Hay

Comments