I just don't get it...

I'm hoping I'm relatively safe in spouting these opinions in this post, because I believe it's unlikely that any of my regular blog readers owns a Louis Vuitton bag. But in case I'm wrong, and I'm offending your sensibilities, please forgive me.

Standing in line at Starbucks in the Portland airport this morning, I spotted this large monstrosity on the shoulder of the woman in front of me.
I'd never even noticed Louis Vuitton before living in Japan, where I saw these ubiquitous bags everywhere I looked. Many Japanese women own at least one of these bags (or they did in the 1980s, at least).

I've never liked them. Why would anyone think they are actually attractive? All they say to me is "I'm affluent and I want everyone to know that I can afford an extravagant purchase."

Now granted, I'm really not drawn to shades of brown in clothing or accessories. And although I'm a self-proclaimed lover of bags, I do not love a lot of bags on the market. But I find this pattern truly ugly.

And this one? It retails for $1,200. Highway robbery.

Comments

  1. I have to admit I own 2. But I do think this is an ugly one. My first thought was that it looked like one of those hideous mini dog carriers that you see sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lizzi--I'm sorry if I'm insulted your taste in accessories! Me and my big mouth!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment