I (don't) hate going to the dentist

This morning was my semi-annual dental check-up. Two and a half years ago I wrote a post about how I hate going to the dentist. Typically, every 6 months I rant about how I hate going to the dentist. Yesterday I resolved that I wouldn't do my usual rant this week. I doubt it's good for my psyche to go on about how I hate something. :) 

As I wrote about in 2008, my feelings are most likely based on the fact that I spent so much of my childhood, adolescence, and early adulthood sitting in a dentist's chair with my mouth open, with somone digging around in my mouth. It must be post-traumatic stress.

My dentist is a very nice man--he's been in the U.S. for decades, but his Japanese accent is so strong that it sounds like he's been here for only a few years.

I should count myself lucky--my teeth are in fairly good shape and it could be a lot more troublesome than it is. I will try to change my attitude!

Comments