My Favorite Christmas Music

Today I drove down to Corvallis for the day...in the hard, driving rain. Because I didn't leave the office until about 4:40, the drive back was also in the dark--with harder rain. Not pleasant.

The one bright spot was I could listen to my favorite Christmas music on my iPod (via a tape deck adaptor). I love Christmas music...just listening to "Silent Night" can bring tears to my eyes.

Although I have a wide variety loaded on my Christmas iTunes library, these are my favorite Christmas albums, in no particular order:

Peter Paul and Mary, "A Holiday Celebration"--favorite song:









Harry Belafonte, "Christmas"
Harry Connick Jr., "Harry for the Holidays"
James Taylor, "A Christmas Album"
John Denver and the Muppets, "A Christmas Together"--the song that made me cry--can you believe it?!!:










Judy Collins, "Come Rejoice! A Judy Collins Christmas":









Kenny Loggins, "December"
Mary Chapin Carpenter, "Come Darkness Come Light"
Melissa Etheridge, "A New Thought for Christmas"--this is the one that makes me cry:








Pacific Lutheran University Choirs, "Beautiful Savior":









Peter Paul and Mary, "A Holiday Celebration" (rest in peace, Mary Travers)--favorite song:








Sarah McLachlan, "Wintersong"--love the whole album, but here's one:









Trail Band, "Christmas with the Trail Band"
Blind Boys of Alabama, "Go Tell It on the Mountain":







The Chieftains, "Bells of Dublin"



What are your favorites?

Comments