Skinny Cows

Tonight we did another ice cream taste test for MomCentral.com. We sampled Skinny Cow ice cream products. Ice cream is always a popular event in our house!

We tried out two different products: Vanilla and Caramel Dippers (for my wheat-free hubby) and Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches. The kids and I have always loved ice cream sandwiches; in fact last week at Powell's I bought some ice cream sandwich molds so we could try to make some wheat-free ones ourselves.

The verdict on the dipper: Mike thought it was pretty good for a low-fat, low-calorie ice cream treat (one dipper is only 3 grams of fat and 80 calories). The kids seemed to like them a lot; both 6-year-old Kieran and 2-year-old Nicholas requested a second dipper!



Chris and I sampled the ice cream sandwiches, and we both enjoyed them. I love anything mint, and mint chocolate chip ice cream is one of my favorite flavors. The ice cream sandwiches were 140 calories and only 2 grams of fat. However, Christopher (who usually does not read labels!) informed me that they have high-fructose corn syrup in them. We try to avoid that when we can...but we are not hypervigilant about it. The dippers contained corn syrup, but not the high-fructose variety.



So the taste test was a happy success, although we would like Skinny Cow to find a way to make their ice cream sandwiches without high-fructose corn syrup. Then we'd be even more enthusiastic about buying them. The sandwiches were yummy.

Comments

  1. What a delish taste test! I LOVE ice cream sandwiches. Unfortunately, they never last long in our house. And mint chip is one of my favorite flavors too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment