The Kieran Firebolt

We are in the middle of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire with Kieran. Chris loved Harry Potter, too, especially because he has an amazing resemblance to him, glasses and scar and all, but Kieran, with his tendency to go hog wild over things, is obsessed, plain and simple. Chris lost a little bit of steam during Book 4 before he got back into it--it's really the turning point book, when things become much darker and more complicated--but Kieran shows not sign of slowing down. I have a feeling we'll be plowing through all of them until we get to Book 7.

He desperately wanted to buy some Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, which I discovered from an internet search are no longer being made. You can purchase a 3-ounce package for about $9.90 online, plus $9.00 shipping! Highway robbery!! I did discover that Jelly Belly now has another variety called "Bamboozled," which are similar in nature...and I found a location they are sold locally and bought him a 1.6-ounce package for $3.99. (His allowance!) He was THRILLED! I still think it's a complete sham to charge $3.99 for 1.6 ounces of jelly beans!

Today Mike and the boys came to meet me for lunch, and Mike told me that Kieran wants to give another little boy in his kindergarten class (NOT one of his favorites) a howler! He wrote a letter and wanted to make a tape recording of him screaming to go along with it. He was not pleased when Mike told him this would not be appropriate.

When I came home from work, Kieran proudly presented me with his newest creation: a Firebolt broom! They were at the park near the Hillsdale Library, and Kieran discovered some long pine needles. He collected a bunch, plus a long stick, and add a bit of tape and voila! He created a broom. This kid will never stop surprising me. Thank God he has come up with a less-expensive option than the $200 brooms he found in a Harry Potter catalog and was determined to obtain!






Comments

  1. That is so cute and imaginative. Gives me hope for my boy! And I love all of the green in the backyard.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment