When Did Easter Come to Mean So Much Candy?

Does anyone else remember the dark ages when we used to hunt for hard-boiled, dyed eggs? We were lucky to get a few jelly beans nestled in the green plastic grass on Easter morning. Mike always got a Cadbury's egg and chocolate bunny, but not me. (Then again, he grew up on candy, unlike me....) I remind him of this every time he returns from the dentist--he is much more careful about dental hygiene than I am, but I seem to have better teeth...on the other hand, he was also raised in England, not well known for its dental care...

Last year I tried to do the healthy Easter Bunny routine, but it was not popular. So this year I (I mean the Easter Bunny--EB) gave each boy a chocolate bunny, jelly beans, and a few small items. But they got plenty more candy at church and at Grandma & Grandpa's house!

We had to rise and shine early on Easter because Mike and I were both singing in the choir and had to make an 8:30 a.m. rehearsal. So we skipped the usual Easter egg hunt at our house and said we had e-mailed the EB to deliver the eggs to Grandma & Grandpa's.

Kids in jammies with their Easter baskets:







Kieran listening to the children's sermon with his cousins
Church Easter egg hunt, which had to be inside because of the rain




And more hunting at G&G's house (notice Kieran's socks? he chose them that way...)
What handsome men!
And our new 6-year-old!
Chris and me
The traditional combined family photo--everyone's getting a bit too big to all fit on the sofa!!! And not everyone was cooperating, exactly...
Easter is exhausting!

Nicholas and Daniel wrestling



Kieran trying to make everyone laugh
All of the cousins--such fun!

Comments