I've Said It Before, and I'll Say It Again...

In my lifetime, I've never had a president who inspired me. I know that some people felt that Ronald Reagan was inspiring (not me!), and Bill Clinton had his moments, but they were weakened by his own reputation. Jimmy Carter became inspiring after he left the presidency!

So I for one am really looking forward to being able to say that I am actually PROUD of our president, and our country for voting him in. Won't that be astonishing?

I remember when I was visiting my sister in China in December 1986, and we had a Chinese man come up and talk to us in downtown Chengdu about how we felt about Ronald Reagan's policies. How refreshing it would be to be able to travel abroad and not have people question the sanity of Americans for voting in such incompetent boobs!

I understand what Michelle Obama meant when she said that for the first time in her life, she was proud to be an American. The wing nuts (as left-leaning bloggers call "right wing nuts") pounced on that comment, saying that she was not proud to be an American. Our leaders, and our citizens, have failed to make us proud. I hope that will change in a few months.

Here is a clip of the final minutes of Barack Obama's "closing argument," delivered today in Ohio.

Comments