Blog Tag

Definition: Blog tag is just like the game of tag but you share five things about yourself, and then tag five other bloggers (a type of meme).

My friend Kristin started this thing--she is a true inspiration. Go to her blog and take a look at how many races she has run this year!!!

Ten Years Ago (1998)

1. I had one child, who was two. (How life has changed!)
2. We lived in a 1910 bungalow in southeast Portland, instead of our current 1938 Cape Cod in Southwest Portland.
3. I was working at my current employer, in the same position!! (ooh, that's kinda scary!!)
4. I was in an active women's group, which met approximately once a month.
5. We went to Holden Village that summer, the first time for Mike and the first time for me since 1982.

Five Things on My To Do List Today (I'm going to do tomorrow instead, because it's the end of the day...)

1. Go to the Farmer's Market.
2. Get my hair cut and colored.
3.
Clean the house.
4. Make Monterey Chicken, Lemon Broccoli Almondine, and apple cake.
5. Have friends over for dinner

Five Things that I Would Do If I Were a Millionaire

1. Invest money for my kids' college education.
2. Take several trips--to Europe, Australia, and Asia.
3. Donate money to charities benefiting disadvantaged children and families.
4. Think about another way to learn a living, perhaps...
5. Continue to live frugally, to spread the money further.

Five Places I've Lived

1. Beaverton, Oregon
2. Tacoma, Washington (college at Pacific Lutheran University)
3. Wakayama, Japan
4. Osaka, Japan
5. Portland, Oregon

Five Jobs I've Had

1. food service: busgirl at Village Inn and cashier at Arctic Circle Fast Food restaurant
2. secretary and receptionist at various temporary jobs

3. student secretary at the PLU School of Business
4. English teacher
5. Editor/writer/supervisor/publications manager (all for my current firm!)

Now I am supposed to tag (approximately) five people. Most of my friends don't have blogs, and I limited my taggees to those who do, so here we go:

Amy (friend from work)
Katy (friend via our sons)
Karina (friend via our both having had 24-weeker preemies)
Kathryn (friend from work, who is now living in the UK)
Sharon (a woman I've met via Goodreads)

If you are reading this blog and you don't have a blog yourself, feel free to post your answers in the "comments"! Tag, you're it!

Comments

  1. Marie, you found this before I even notified you! Thanks for playing. I got into my car, by the way!
    P.S. 11 days...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment