Here's to Community Organizers!

Have you heard the line making its rounds on the internet?

Just a reminder to Sarah Palin: Jesus Christ was a community organizer, and Pontius Pilate was a governor.



Here's a great web site devoted to great community organizers in history.

For someone to take a low-paying job to work amongst the least advantaged in our society, to forsake a higher-paid position at a ritzy law firm, to work in the middle of the city or in the midst of the needy, by choice....How could anyone stoop so low to ridicule this type of life???

I've never made this type of lifestyle choice myself, but I've always admired those who have. Barack Obama's decision to become a community organizer fresh out of law school, instead of going to work right away for a prestigious firm, is one of the things about him I most admire.

Just goes to show how much I am NOT a Republican!!

Comments